Professional Organizers in Canada – Guest Blog
Professional Organizing Strategies & Tips
Are you ready to downsize? Know someone who is? A well organized move can make the difference between chaos or a peaceful transition.
There are ways to plan for a stress-free move. Follow our Downsizing Checklist to start on the right path:
1. Start the discussion early: For some, the decision to move may not be a welcome idea. Plant the seed early to start discussing the benefits of downsizing.
2. Determine what isn’t moving: Next is the time to do some space planning and decide what you don’t want to move. Decisions can be made to sort into the following categories:
- Pass to family/friends
3. Contact a Realtor: Ask for referrals, find someone you enjoy working with!
4. Declutter and stage: Time to get the house ready for sale. Consider decluttering and staging if your home needs an update.
5. Book moving company:
Make plans for truck rental, moving assistance, or hire a moving company.
6. Packing: Purchase packing supplies, enlist the help of family and friends, or hire a Professional Organizer to get the job done quickly.
7. Update address:
Be sure to notify utility companies, services and personal contacts.
8. Moving day: Assign one person to be in charge of all questions of what is going where.
9. Unpacking: Make the transition as smooth as possible by unpacking right away.
If you are stuck or require assistance anywhere along the way, call a Professional Organizer – we are here to help!
Many of us have a small office somewhere in the house… and the visual effect is not always the one we would like to see… often creating distraction from the task we have to do.
On the bookshelves we have not only books but also magazines and some papers and we feel annoyed because they are in the middle of the house. And even though we manage to put them in paper holders, they don’t look good to the eyes.
When we have no choice we can still choose to tackle the issue in the best way possible. Here is a simple and useful tip to deal with it.
First: define what you will store in each of the magazine holders. This will help you with the sorting… and while you peek on the papers you can do some purging! Continue reading →